Tuesday 19 August 2014

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty : Review

Big Little Lies

I started reading this book by sheer chance. I just wanted some chick-lit , some light reading to pass the time. However, this novel is far from being easy to read, due to the tough issues the author addresses.

The three main characters have suffered and are still suffering because of men and although there are a lot of funny situations and comments throughout the novel, the way women are treated drove me to distraction. I was really mad at men (at all of them) until I finished.

I liked a lot how the writer included all the gossiping that went on, even if it made Kindergarten seem like a mine field.

The ending was quite fair ,in my opinion. I just wish real life was so fair, because as one of the characters pointed out, unfortunately, it can happen to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.