Saturday 11 October 2014

What is a DNF?



According to the Urban Dictionary (one of my favourite dictionaries) a DNF is something you didn't finish. For me not being able to finish a book is usually  quite a big disappointment, just like a relationship gone wrong.

You sometimes wait months for a novel to be published, or you read incredible comments about it and when you finally start , the book it is just NOT what you hoped for and no matter how hard you try you just cannot finish it.

Sometimes you think :What's wrong with me?Why does everybody like it and I don't? . Other times you think  :What's wrong with this book? How come was it ever published?.

There are books I have tried to read over and over again and books I discarded the moment I read the first page,because of the way they were written or the fact that I disliked the plot or the characters.

Regardless of my opinion about a book, I always think that all authors deserve respect ,since I believe ,they spent a good amount of time devoted to writing their novels and they put hope and faith in them.

Again, just like some relationships are not meant to be, some books are not meant to be read, at least by me.Life is too short to read something you don't enjoy ,when there are so many wonderful novels waiting for you to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.