Sunday 23 October 2016

Gilt Hollow by Laurie Langdon : opinion.

Gilt Hollow


I liked the book but not as much as I thought I would .I think I found it too formulaic for several reasons:

1- The hot bad guy we know from the beginning is not so bat at all.

2- The hot good guy we know from the beginning is not so good at all.

3- The average girl who seems to attract all the boys at school despite her plain appearance.

4- Childhood friendship that turns into passionate love almost at first sight.

5- Dumb and clueless adults.

To make matters worse I guessed from the moment a murder scene was described who the murderer was . However , in spite of being so predictable (perhaps I've read too many books), some YA readers will enjoy it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.