Saturday 25 March 2017

Select by Marit Wiesenberg:review

Select (Untitled #1)
Select was a wish come true for me, not only because my wish for an advanced copy was granted on NetGalley, but also because I was growing tired of shallow YA novels and I needed something to renew my faith in this genre. Select is exactly was I was looking for: the perfect combination of sci-fi and YA literature. What makes this novel really outstanding is that even if you removed the sci-fi part, it would still be a very interesting book to read about real-life situations which many young adults can relate to.


We are all special in one way or another, Julia Jaynes is special in many ways. However, the things that make her an appealing character are not her unusual abilities but her human flaws. She longs for being part of a loving family instead of an isolated member of an apparently perfect one.She longs for love and for friendship. John Ford is her wish come true, a strong male character who loves her the way she truly is. With John, she learns that there is a world of possibilities away from her life in a golden cage. They both feel strongly attracted to each other but it is not insta-love but something deeper that has to do with human evolution.

This novel is mainly about the choices we all have to make: accepting who we really are ,who we want to be with, deciding how far we are willing to go in order to survive and coming to terms with the idea that we just cannot have it all and that we may have to let go of some people on the way .

Marit Wiesenberg has written a gripping novel that will attract many readers. I just cannot wait for more. I strongly recommend this books to all fans of YA novels, you won't regret reading it!

Thanks to NetGalley for this amazing book!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.