Saturday 3 June 2017

The Takedown by Corrie Wang : review

The Takedown
What I liked:

Amazing ideas about what life will be like in a not so distant future. Highly recommended for fans of Instagram and Facebook; it makes you think twice before posting anything. I also liked the language mix used by the author. I believe this is the kind of English/Spanish/Chinese/Japanese/French..... most people will be using soon .

What I didn't like so much:

I deeply disliked not only the main character but also her friends.Besides, all the technological jargon makes it sometimes difficult to understand what they are talking about.

Conclusion:

If you are curious about what the future will be like (and I mean it will be this way unless people start caring about their privacy), read it.

If you want to read about a mean girl getting what she deserves, read it.

However, if you find tech jargon, teenage jargon or the use of several languages in the same sentence off-putting, you may not be able to finish it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.