Monday 7 August 2017

The Dark Lake by Sarah Bailey : opinion.

The Dark Lake
What I really liked about this book was the atmosphere. You feel you are in Australia in a hot summer just some days before Christmas.

I enjoyed the plot as well: a young teacher had been killed and there are many people hiding secrets in the town of Smithson.

At the beginning, I just couldn't put the book down but as I kept on reading the plot slowed down and I felt that some chapters describing the troubled mind of the main character and her relationships didn't contribute much to the novel.

To make matters worse I guessed who the killer was before finishing the novel. I know I may sound too demanding but I love being surprised.

Although my high expectations weren't completely fulfilled, all in all, I liked it and I thought it was entertaining. It's a good summer read but a better winter read if you are cold and you wish you could go to Australia to spend your Christmas there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.