Saturday 14 October 2017

The Night the Lights Went Out by Karen White

The Night the Lights Went Out
My first thought when I started reading this novel was: this is one of those books that would make an incredible film. It oozes southern charm. The reader can feel the heat of the humid summer, taste homemade cookies and even learn some proper manners.

The author depicts very strong female characters.Sugar and Merilee are two women who have had to struggle in life but despite their age difference find themselves sharing difficulties and inspiring each other. They end up being "two peas in a pod ".

The plot is engaging and although it is slow paced, you can feel that something is about to happen and you really want to warn the characters since they are incredibly likeable and it is easy to relate to them.

I read the book before going to sleep while listening to the sound of crickets and distant thunderstorms on my phone and I slept like a baby. The novel just "dilled my pickle".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.