Sunday 8 April 2018

Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth: review.

Carve the Mark
Can a book be terrifying and interesting at the same time? I guess this novel can be both.But first and foremost I feel I need to point out that I would not recommend Carve the Mark to teenagers. I would recommend it to young adults or adults who want to read a different sci-fi book and have a strong stomach. I confess I had to skip some parts in which there was too much violence involved.

The terrifying parts are really hard: bad parenting, hatred between siblings, self-deprecation, violence, self-harm and the constant feeling of being trapped with no way out.The interesting aspects are many as well: a new and original world with strange and fascinating ideas, sibling love, romantic love in very unusual circumstances and above all the possibility of escaping from what seems to be your fate.

Carve the Mark is one of those books that you either hate or like but it is worth giving it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing a comment, it means a lot to me.Leave a link to your blog for me to visit it as well.